Construction Project Manager
Westleaf is a vertically-integrated cannabis company focused on innovative retail experiences, engaging cannabis brands, and premium cannabis production. Westleaf is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta with plans to become a TSX-V publicly listed company in December of 2018.
Since incorporation Westleaf has executed its business plan, which includes applying for prospective cannabis retail stores in privatized markets across Canada, developing an extraction and processing facility in Calgary, Alberta, and developing a large-scale indoor cannabis cultivation facility located in Battleford, Saskatchewan. Westleaf is developing a national retail footprint for its retail concept “Prairie Records”, which leverages the instinctual tie of recreational cannabis and music and redefines the cannabis purchasing experience.
Westleaf is currently seeking to add a Construction Project Manager who will report to the Chief Development Officer and work closely with the rest of the executive and corporate team.
To be successful in this role you must have strong experience in managing construction projects as well as a broad set of skills in general PM activities of managing cost, schedule, performance/technical content, and risk.
Preference for the position to be based in Calgary, Alberta with frequent travel to Saskatchewan as well as other provinces in Canada. Very highly qualified applicants not living in or able to relocate to Calgary will still be considered.
We thank everyone for his or her interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Westleaf values the diversity of the people it hires and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide focused leadership and expertise in design and construction of production and retail facilities to maximize the effectiveness of the facility within available budget
- Ensure a smooth flow of work, material, and information
- Act as Owner’s Rep to represent the best interests of the company and liaise between the design team, landlords, contractors, vendors, and Westleaf
- Manage cost (budget and budget to actuals), schedule, performance, and risk for construction projects
- Ensure construction matches the technical designs/drawings and identify as early as possible when deviations are expected to occur
- Build and update project plans and schedules in MS Project or equivalent software packages in use by the Company
- Participate with the procurement team on any design and/or construction-related bidding processes
- Review and approve invoices, control costs against budget, and identify cost-saving opportunities
- Perform other non-construction, project management functions within the company
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a field relevant to program/project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
- At least three years of experience in project management with sufficient involvement in managing large construction projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to foster creativity in a fast moving, dynamic environment and open to change
- Integrity to prioritize developing and maintaining fair and honest relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize effectively to spend time on issues and projects that will create the most impact for the business
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Teams, Planner, Project, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)