Director of Supply Chain Management & Procurement
Westleaf is a vertically-integrated cannabis company focused on innovative retail experiences, engaging cannabis brands, and premium cannabis production. Westleaf is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta with plans to become a TSX-V publicly-listed company in December of 2018.
Since incorporation Westleaf has executed its business plan, which includes applying for prospective cannabis retail stores in privatized markets across Canada, developing an extraction and processing facility in Calgary, Alberta, and developing a large-scale indoor cannabis cultivation facility located in Battleford, Saskatchewan. Westleaf is developing a national retail footprint for its retail concept “Prairie Records”, which leverages the instinctual tie of recreational cannabis and music and redefines the cannabis purchasing experience.
Westleaf is currently seeking to add a Director of Supply Chain Management and Procurement who will report to the Chief Development Officer and work closely with the rest of the executive and corporate team.
To be successful in this role you must have strong experience in initiating and leading activities across the whole supply chain, ideally with a background in manufacturing and production as well as retail supply chain management.
Preference for the position to be based in Calgary, Alberta with frequent travel to Saskatchewan as well as other provinces in Canada. Very highly qualified applicants not living in or able to relocate to Calgary still will be considered.
We thank everyone for his or her interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Westleaf values the diversity of the people it hires and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Manage all supply chain activities, from product innovation to product delivery, with an eye for speed, cost effectiveness, intelligent processes, and flexibility
- Continuously predict demand and automatically adjust product allocations and service deliveries to support company and customer needs
- Procure equipment, supplies, and services for all Westleaf entities and departments
- Develop and implement plans to satisfy the warehousing and distribution needs of the company
- Coordinate contracts and other agreements to supply Westleaf products to licensed producers, distributors, and retail stores throughout Canada
- Establish processes and mechanisms for transporting products from production facilities to customers, retail stores, distributors, and/or other production facilities
- Stand up and operate e-commerce fulfillment center(s)
- Establish supply relationships for non-Westleaf products to be sold in Westleaf’s Prairie Records retail stores
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Economics, or a field relevant to Supply Chain Management
- At least seven years of experience in some or all aspects of supply chain management (i.e., sourcing, procurement, logistics, distribution, warehousing, contracting, e-commerce, transportation, returns and customer satisfaction)
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including creating a vision that motivates teammates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to foster creativity in a fast moving, dynamic environment and open to change
- Integrity to prioritize developing and maintaining fair and honest relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize effectively to spend time on issues and projects that will create the most impact for the business
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Teams, Planner, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Two or more years of experience in cost accounting, business management, and/or project management
Master’s degree in relevant