Westleaf is a vertically integrated cannabis company focused on innovative retail experiences, engaging cannabis brands, and premium cannabis production. Westleaf is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta with plans to become a TSX-V listed company in November of 2018.
Since incorporation Westleaf has used its funds to execute its vertically integrated business plan, which includes applying for prospective cannabis retail stores in privatized markets across Canada, developing an extraction and processing facility in Calgary, Alberta and developing a large scale indoor cannabis cultivation facility located in Battleford, Saskatchewan. Westleaf is developing a national retail footprint for its retail concept “Prairie Records”, which leverages the instinctual tie of recreational cannabis and music and redefines the cannabis purchasing experience.
Westleaf is currently seeking to add a Junior Accountant with a minimum of 3-5 years experience who will work closely with the Senior Financial Accountant in the completion of the daily accounting activities. This role will report directly to the Director Finance and will be an integral component of the transactional functions involved in Westleaf’s full-cycle accounting processes.
To be successful in this role you should have familiarity with supplier, customer and vendor documents along with their related processing. In addition, knowledge of payroll processing, bank and balance sheet reconciliations and general ledger usage.
Collaborative partner across our business
- Become a trusted source for our operations and back-office teams in support of the accurate and timely processing of transactions and completion of financial accounting functions
- Accounts payable including invoice processing and payment
- Payroll system administration duties
- Assist with month-end close process including reconciliations
- Assist with banking processes and cheque runs
- Maintenance of balance sheet continuity, cost and project tracking schedules
- Creation and posting of general journal entries
- Processing expense reports
Internal and External Customer Communications
- Support internal customers relating to day-to-day transactional needs
- Vendor management for accounts payable inquiries
- Customer invoicing and account statement reconciliations
- Monitoring internal controls to ensure compliance
Experience & Qualifications
- 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a complex public company environment
- Diploma or degree in accounting
- Completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation is considered a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of reconciliations, accounts payable and banking processes
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Sage X3 or similar ERP system knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Process manufacturing and/or retail consumer goods experience an asset
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Westleaf thanks all those that apply, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.