Westleaf is a vertically integrated cannabis company focused on innovative retail experiences, engaging cannabis brands, and premium cannabis production. Westleaf is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta with plans to become a TSX-V listed company in November of 2018.
Since incorporation Westleaf has executed its vertically integrated business plan, which includes applying for prospective cannabis retail stores in privatized markets across Canada, developing an extraction and processing facility in Calgary, Alberta and developing a large scale indoor cannabis cultivation facility located in Battleford, Saskatchewan. Westleaf is developing a national retail footprint for its retail concept “Prairie Records”, which leverages the instinctual tie of recreational cannabis and music and redefines the cannabis purchasing experience.
Westleaf is currently seeking to add a Sr. Brand Marketing Manager who will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
The Sr. Brand Marketing Manager will be an active participant in the design and implementation of marketing strategies to help build rapid awareness around the Westleaf, Prairie Records, Loon and developing produced product brands
For this role, you will collaborate with various internal teams to conduct market and competitive analysis, design campaigns within our regulatory framework, and develop and execute upon positioning for our brands. Ultimately, you will help establish our brands in the market in a way that customers can easily identify, understand and trust.
- Stay connected to consumers, ahead of market trends, to unlock relevant, timely consumer insights
- Drive brand strength through storytelling and game changing innovations across key Canadian markets.
- The key liaison with external and internal agency partners to lead campaign strategy through to detailed execution.
- Lead content strategy across a range of brands, website and social properties to engage and educate consumers
- Establish unique content strategies per brand; including content themes, cadence and formats for use on the website and other channels
- Establish processes and standards for content planning, approvals and execution
- Strong collaboration with brand stakeholders to ensure strategy aligns with brand goals and communication priorities
- Fully own the brand budget, providing monthly reporting tools, ongoing recommendations to optimize spend and coordinating vendor payment.
- Lead and execute all future innovation/renovation/commercialization projects. Work alongside external partners and internal cross-functional teams to drive these complex projects forward, managing all timelines and deliverables
- Own business analytics and reporting, leveraging insights to help shape the overall strategy and brand plan
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to support the launch and sell-in efforts, product/packaging changes, and format extensions.
- Lead ongoing competitive analysis and market place trend reports through market place research and store insights
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- 5 years’ experience in consumer marketing or related experience in marketing strategy, marketing planning, marketing implementation, retail merchandising, display and consumer servicing and events execution
- 2 years’ additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with consumer goods, beverage alcohol, cannabis or pharma is preferred
- Ability to effectively deliver a strong point-of-view
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including creating a vision that motivates teammates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to foster creativity in a fast moving, ambiguous environment.
- Curiosity to develop an understanding of the competitive market, customers and trends
- Integrity to prioritize developing and maintaining fair and honest relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize effectively to spend time on issues and projects that will create the most impact for the brand and business
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westleaf thanks all those that apply, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.