Westleaf is a vertically integrated cannabis company focused on innovative retail experiences, engaging cannabis brands, and premium cannabis production. Westleaf is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta with plans to become a TSX-V listed company in November of 2018.
Since incorporation Westleaf has used its funds to execute its vertically integrated business plan, which includes applying for prospective cannabis retail stores in privatized markets across Canada, developing an extraction and processing facility in Calgary, Alberta and developing a large scale indoor cannabis cultivation facility located in Battleford, Saskatchewan. Westleaf is developing a national retail footprint for its retail concept “Prairie Records”, which leverages the instinctual tie of recreational cannabis and music and redefines the cannabis purchasing experience.
Westleaf is currently seeking to add a Senior Financial Accountant who will report to and work closely with the Director Finance in the preparation and oversight of Westleaf’s external reporting and financial analysis functions as well as full-cycle accounting.
To be successful in this role you must have strong public company experience including the functional areas of IFRS, MD&A, compliance and internal controls, along with a demonstrated information systems and business acumen. Supervision experience is a strong asset.
Collaborative partner across our business
- Become a trusted source for our operations and back-office teams by proactively working with the cultivation, extraction and retail teams, internal stakeholders, and our business leaders to support the financial accounting and reporting function.
External Reporting, Audit & Internal Controls
- Coordination and preparation of financial statements, MD&A and other financial reports and filing
- Performance of detailed monthly analysis of financial results
- Research of new accounting pronouncements and developments
- Design, documentation, implementation and monitoring of internal controls as required
- Liaison with external auditor team members for audit, review and internal control purposes
- Assisting with month-end close processes
- Filing and reconciling monthly sales tax and other returns
- Preparation and/or review of general journal entries
- Strong involvement with AP and banking processes
- Supervision of junior accounting staff
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial accounting reports
- Contribute to implementation of ERP including becoming power user for the Accounting function
Experience & Qualifications
- CPA with a minimum of 3-5 years post designation experience
- Public company experience
- Strong knowledge of IFRS including complex transactions such as stock compensation, financial instruments, deferred tax, consolidations, international operations, IAS 41 and IFRS 2
- MD&A and CND/US corporate filings
- Strong knowledge of accounting, reporting and financial close procedures
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills – expertise with Power BI an asset
- Sage X3 or similar ERP system knowledge
- Prior experience with ERP implementation an asset
- Process manufacturing and/or retail consumer goods experience an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westleaf thanks all those that apply, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.