Westleaf is a vertically integrated cannabis company focused on innovative retail experiences, engaging cannabis brands, and premium cannabis production. Westleaf is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta with plans to become a TSX-V listed company in November of 2018.
Since incorporation Westleaf has used its funds to execute its vertically integrated business plan, which includes applying for prospective cannabis retail stores in privatized markets across Canada, developing an extraction and processing facility in Calgary, Alberta and developing a large scale indoor cannabis cultivation facility located in Battleford, Saskatchewan. Westleaf is developing a national retail footprint for its retail concept “Prairie Records”, which leverages the instinctual tie of recreational cannabis and music and redefines the cannabis purchasing experience.
Westleaf is currently seeking to attract a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to work with all levels in the organization in the development and execution of Westleaf’s human resources (HR) strategy. The Senior HRBP will serve as the lead on day-to-day matters including recruitment, employee and labour relations, onboarding, performance management and offboarding. The Senior HRBP will partner with the corporate, retail, extraction and cultivation teams to support an aggressive human capital growth strategy.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong HR generalist background, as you will be given the opportunity to become involved in all aspects of Westleaf’s HR function. You will be familiar with the challenges of building and implementing new HR policies and procedures and have significant experience in recruitment, salary benchmarking and onboarding. Experience with the HR requirements within a growing and publicly traded company are essential along with a demonstrated ability to communicate and partner effectively at all levels.
Leadership & Collaborative Partner
- Participate actively with the greater management group in steering and advising on HR requirements, policies and identification of opportunities to enhance the HR function
- Embrace and promote Westleaf’s mission and values through the HR function
Recruitment & Staffing
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates including proactive and passive candidate sourcing, interview coaching, advertising, pre-screening, references and consulting on employment offers
- Provide leadership in developing best practices and leading edge programs in the areas of recruitment, onboarding and promotion of the Westleaf employee experience
- Manage and advise on terminations including preparation of appropriate paperwork
Compensation, Payroll & Benefits
- Collaborate and consult with leaders on developments around compensation strategy
- Analyze data to drive strategic business decisions
- Provide direct support for development of employment offers for new hires and wage increases including compensation benchmarking
- Coordination of administration for payroll and benefits for onboarding and off-boarding of employees
- Significant role in the design and implementation of a new HRIS and payroll system
- Administer employee relation matters, in addition to acting as a coach to employees and managers in highly sensitive, confidential or complex situations including leading and conducting investigations as required
- Provide performance management guidance to managers and employees including career development counselling, coaching, and facilitating Performance Improvement Planning sessions
- Consistently coaches and mentors’ managers on effective leadership development and employee engagement strategies
Experience & Qualifications
- You are innovative in your approach to the HR function with a proven business partnering acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business and/or Certified Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) certification
- 8+ years of related experience within a complex multi-company and multi-jurisdictional operational environment
- Significant recruitment and people management experience
- Strong experience with HR requirements in a growing public company environment
- Implementation and/or power user experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Effective coaching, consultation and project management skills
- Proven experience around program development including policies and procedures to support management’s scaling initiatives while continuing to drive and support a strong culture
- Retail and/or process manufacturing industry experience a strong asset
- Exposure to both Canadian and US employment environments an asset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westleaf thanks all those that apply, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.