General Manager, Retail
Westleaf — Warman, SK
About the Company
Prairie Records is a subsidiary of Westleaf Cannabis and will be opening several high-end dispensaries in the Calgary area in the coming months. Prairie Records is a reinvention of the cannabis purchasing experience that celebrates the instinctual tie between recreational cannabis and music. A sophisticated approach to recreational cannabis, Prairie Records provides access to the country’s best cannabis products, and a well-educated staff offering world class customer service and product information. Whether a customer is an experienced consumer, or simply curious and looking to educate themselves, Prairie Records staff is there to ensure that every experience is tailored specifically to each customer.
As every decision we make, project we take and goal we set is guided by our core values, we are welcoming applicants who embody the following values:
- Integrity: Have an authentic, honest and transparent approach to your actions.
- Entrepreneur Spirit: Actively seek out change rather than waiting to adapt to it.
- Humility: Be compassionate, be vulnerable and be confident.
- Leadership: Set the example, take ownership and foster an environment of learning.
- Passion: Execute on our vision with unwavering commitment, drive and enthusiasm.
A General Manager with Prairie Records is responsible for leading and motivating a highly educated team of employees, exemplifying brand values, maintaining industry-leading product knowledge, and continuously delivering world class customer service. This position is responsible for the entire operation and financial performance of their location.
Reporting to the Director of Retail Operations, the General Manager, Retail would be responsible for the successful day to day operations and sales activity of Prairie Records. A top priority is to ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and safety are met. In doing so, the General Manager will help ensure a strong track record of sales growth for the store.
Resposibilities and Duties
- Maintain the Prairie Records brand vision
- Execute on business and marketing objectives
- Propose initiatives and work towards growing sales
- Inventory management, including ordering and receiving product
- Investigate, respond to, and settle, all customer grievances
- Update and track daily reports
Staffing and Team Development
- Coach, train, and develop staff
- Analyze staffing requirements and achieve labor budget targets
- Screen, interview, and recruit team members
- Determining work load of team members to ensure a well operated store
- Identify potential managers
- Maintain high levels of energy, productivity, and moral throughout staff
- Conduct employee reviews and maintain action plans for each individual
- Consistently lead by example
- Execute inventory counts, investigating and reporting on all discrepancies
- Analyze sales forecasts and adjust the schedule accordingly
- Monitor Inventory levels and maintain accurate records of short-dated product
- Keep the Director of Retail Operations informed of sales and key issues
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Business or a related field
- Enrolment in Mount Royal College Cannabis Education Program
considered an asset
- A minimum of seven (7) years retail, food service management, or
customer service experience
- At least five years management experience with increasing responsibility
- Diverse experience working with POS systems and Office 365
Competencies & Attibutes
- Has a genuine interest in the Cannabis industry
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong change management skills and experience
- Flexible schedule with ability to work occasional evenings
- Must complete AGLC Qualified Cannabis Worker Certification
(includes police background check)
- Job Type: Full-time